Aluminium PCB manufacturer: All You Need to Know
Finding the right Aluminium PCB manufacturer requires basic knowledge of Printed Circuit Boards itself. There are several types of printed circuit boards available, each serving either similar or different purposes.
The type of PCB you choose mainly depends on your electronic product requirement. Our objective today is to discuss one of the leading types of printed circuit boards, aluminium PCBs.
What is Aluminium PCBs
Aluminium Printed Circuit boards or commonly known as aluminium clad, metal-clad PCBs, aluminium base or insulated metal substrates transfer heat via a thin layer of conductive dielectric material.
Electrically insulating dielectric, yet thermally conductive is present between the copper foil and a metal base. The layer is extremely thin.In terms of the Printed Circuit Board, we would say that is a lamination of the layer between copper foil and metal base.
Aluminium PCB manufacturers etch the copper foil into their desired circuit patterns. This allows the metal to draw heat away from the circuit via t dielectric which is very thin.
Types of aluminium printed circuit boards
Aluminium PCBs are a subcategory of the original printed circuit boards. Likewise, it is now possible to find subtypes of aluminium PCBs.
Flexible Aluminium Printed Circuit Board
Flexible aluminium Printed Circuit Boards are among the latest development of Aluminium Printed Circuit Board manufacturers. These flexible dielectrics have ceramic fillers along with a polyimide resin system. These fillers tend to provide outstanding insulation.
Another advantage of using flexible aluminium material is to make PCBs in different sizes and shapes. This, you do not need extra connectors, cables, and costly fixtures. Every part of the PCB offers flexibility. They are meant to bend and stay like that.
Hybrid Aluminium PCBs
For these types of aluminium PCBs IMS construction, the manufacturer first tends to process a some parts of non-thermal materials independently and then they bond it with thermal materials to an aluminium base.
Most commonly the aluminium PCB manufacturer uses either a two layer or a four layer sub-assembly using FR-4. The heat is effortlessly dissipated due to the bonding of thermal dielectrics to the aluminium base.
In addition, the process adds robustness to the Printed Circuit board and improves its quality. Below are some additional benefits:
- You will not need the additional assembly steps that are associated with the extremely expensive heat sinks.
- You can use it for RF application where PTFE surface layer is required.
- It offers way better thermal performance in comparison to the conventional FR-4 Product.
- It is less costly
In order to accommodate the Through-hole components, it is possible to use the component windows in Aluminium. Thus allowing the cables and connectors to form a connection. There will be no need for expensive adapter.
Multilayer Aluminium PBCs
The Multilayer Aluminium Printed Circuit boards tend to use several layers of thermally conductive dielectrics. The blind vias act as the thermal vias and there is either one or more layers of circuitry between the dielectric layers.
They are excellent for heat dissipation especially in complex design in comparison to single-layer designs. So, a good idea is to use them for convoluted designs.
Applications of Aluminium PCB
Below, we have come up with some of the most common Application of Aluminium Printed Circuit Boards.
- They are greatly famous among the LED industry. You will find them in general lighting application such as spotlight, flashlight or streetlight, etc.
- Aluminium PCBs are present in the backlight unit applications
- They are found in electric/hybrid motor control applications
- You can see them in System automotive LED applications
- They are present in power converters such as power supplies, high voltage regulators, telecom among others.
Benefits of Aluminium PCBs
- If your objective is to go with a Printed Circuit board that offers superior quality heat dissipation, then Aluminium Printed circuit board should be your first choice.
- The thermal transfer is exponentially more efficient in comparison to the traditional rigid Printed Circuit Board.
- Aluminium PCB manufacturer s sometimes use lower copper weights than suggested by IPC.
KingPCB: Experienced Aluminium PCB manufacturer
Being an industry expert, KingPCB tends to deliver high quality Printed Circuit Boards within the desired period. Their knowledge and experienced staff make it possible for them to design and develop high-quality PCBs.
Regardless of the complexity of the design and the need for technology, KingPCB will also raise to the occasions. They use state of the art technology and are open to ideas. It is their passion for Design and develops Printed Circuit Boards.
They can handle projects of various sizes, and they never outsource their work. Their in-house production ensures that every piece is of high-quality.
They would never compromise on the quality. In addition to ensuring high industry manufacturing standards, they offer the most competitive prices. It is almost impossible to meet their prices. In addition, they offer outstanding customer service as they firmly believe in developing long-lasting relationships.